Tonic and restorative.
20% solution for injection:
Tonophosphan contains sodium 4-dimethylamino-2-methyl-phenyl-phosphonate. Its content of organically bound phosphorus is 14%.
As a tonic and restorative for the treatment of metabolic disorders.
- Debility and fatigue, e.g. during convalesence, after difficult parturition, in debility of the newborn, in developmental and nutritional disorders of young animals.
- To support the treatment of sterility.
- Deficiency syndromes in the spring, or as a result of poor nutrition.
- In skeletal defects, such as rickets and osteomalacia, and to promote callus formation after bone fracture (together with vitamin D preparations).
- Tetany and paresis due to disorders of the calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus metabolisms (administered with specific calcium and magnesium preparations).
Dosage and Administration
In acute cases:
large animals 5-10-20 ml
small animals 1-3 ml
(according to species and size of the animal)
In treatment of horses by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, it is advisable to distribute the quantity of injection over several sites.
The dosage should be repeated at intervals of 2-3 days until recovery is evident.
In chronic conditions:
the administration of a course of 5 to 10 subcutaneous or intramuscular injections, using the following dose rate, the injections being given every other day:
large animals 2.5-5 ml
small animals 1-2 ml
Subcutaneous, intramuscular or intravenous injection.
Bottle of 50 ml.