Each 1ml of Berenil RTU contains:
Diminazine Aceturate 70 mg
Phenazone (Antipyrin) 375 mg
Aqua Dist. q.s
Chemotherapeutic preparation for treatment and prophylaxis of Trypanosomiasis,Babesiosis and mixed haemoprotozoon infection in cattle, buffalos , sheep, goats,horses and dogs.
1. Infections with Trypanosomes: Especially Tr. congolense, Tr. vivax , Tr. brucei and Tr.evansi
2. Infections with Babesiae: Especially B. bovis, B. bigemina, B. ovis, B. motasi, B. Canis, B.equi and other types of babasiae.
3. Mixed infections: With Trypanosomes and Babesiae as well as infections caused by drug-resistant strains of these parasites are particularly important fields of applications.
4. Infections with Theileria: Theileria annulata.
1. Berenil RTU protects cattle against Babesiosis and Trypanosomiasis for 2-4 weeks.
2. Berenil can be used as a Short-term control in outbreaks with high morbidity rate. Treatment of all affected and exposed cattle will bring about rapid but temporary relief.
The usual therapeutic dose for all animals is 3.5 mg Diminazene per kg body weight (1ml/20 kg). For infections with Tr.brucei, Tr.evansi and Theileria annulata, this dose should be doubled (2ml/20 kg). Infections due to resistant strains, the dose may be increased to 8 mg / kg body weight (1ml/8.75 kg), but the total dose of 4 gm (57 ml) per animal should not be exceeded.
Body weight in kg Quantity of injectable solution in ml
Dosage: 1 ml / 10 kg body weight. A single-dose treatment will suffice. Over dosage
and repeated administration to dogs may cause central nervous symptoms in
Berenil RTU is administered preferably by deep intramuscular injection.
When large quantities of Berenil RTU solution are administered, it is advisable to give the injection at several sites in order to avoid local pain.
Meat: 20 days
Milk: 3 days
Do not use in Camels
Berenil RTU should be stored in a cool dry place(below 25°c) and protected from direct sunlight
15 ml glass vials.
100 ml glass vials.
Box contains 5 X 15 ml vials
The original well tolerated chemotherapeutic agent for modern and effective control of Babesia and Trypanosome infections.