Indications for use
Treatment of bovine theileriosis , caused by different types of theileria :
Mode of action
Butalex directly inhibits the respiration of Theileria parasites.
1. 2.5 mg buparvaquone / kg bwt. = 1ml / 20 kg bwt of Butalex
2. In sever cases 2nd dose is required after 48 – 72 hours.
Administered I/M in the neck muscles with no more 10 ml in one side
Milk : 48 hours
Meat: 42 days
1. Is acting fast (reach blood serum activity 3 h after injection)
2. Active against Schizont & Piroplasm
3. Effective during incubation period
4. Full return to productivity
5. Economical choice (1-7)
6. Can be used with other antiprotozoal as Imizol to treat mixed infections