F VAX-MG® is a live vaccine containing the F strain of Mycoplasma gallisepticum in a freeze-dried preparation sealed under vacuum. It is recommended for use in healthy chickens 9 weeks of age or older by spray administration to aid in prevention of clinical signs associated with Mycoplasma gallisepticum infection.
Live Culture, Avian Isolate of Mycoplasma gallisepticum
A freeze-dried pellet.
For vaccination of healthy chickens 9 weeks of age or older by spray administration to aid in prevention of clinical signs associated with Mycoplasma gallisepticum infection
When to Vaccinate
F VAX-MG® should be administered to birds 9 weeks of age or older prior to field
exposure and prior to the onset of egg production.
F VAX-MG®F should not be administered within 1 week before or after vaccination with live Newcastle, bronchitis or laryngotracheitis vaccines, or within 3 days before to 7 days after treatment with oxytetracycline or chlortetracycline.
Preparation of the Vaccine
- Do not open and mix the vaccine until ready for use.
- Mix only one vial at a time and use entire contents within one hour.
- Remove the tear-off aluminum seal from the vaccine vial without disturbing the rubber stopper.
- Use cool, clean non-chlorinated drinking water to which evaporated milk has been added at a rate of one ounce per quart (30 ml per liter).
- Holding the vial submerged in water, lift the lip of the rubber stopper so that the water is sucked into the vial.
- Reseat the stopper and shake to thoroughly dissolve the vaccine. The vaccine is now ready for use.
How to Vaccinate
Proper spray application of this vaccine is accomplished only through use of a clean sprayer emitting a coarse spray. Use the spray method only in houses that can be closed during vaccination and for at least 15 minutes thereafter. Cross winds, drafts, or operating ventilation fans may prevent effective application.
After rehydrating the vaccine, further dilute each 1000 doses to 100 ml using the water with milk. Place vaccine in sprayer container. Apply vaccine over all birds at the rate of one dose per square foot or one dose per bird, whichever is greater.
- Vaccinate only healthy birds. To avoid interference with development of protection, chickens to be vaccinated should not be given oxytetracycline or chlortetracycline and/or sulfonamide medication for 3 days before and 7 days after vaccination.
- All birds within a flock should be vaccinated on the same day. Isolate other susceptible birds on the premises from the birds being vaccinated.
- Do not spill or spatter the vaccine. Use entire contents of vial when first opened.
Burn empty bottles, caps and all unused vaccine and accessories.
- Wash hands thoroughly after using the vaccine.
- Do not dilute the vaccine or otherwise stretch the dosage.
- Store at 7° C (45° F). Do not freeze.
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
- Mycoplasma gallisepticum F Strain is known to produce clinical disease in turkeys.
DO NOT ALLOW TURKEYS TO COME IN CONTACT WITH VACCINE OR VACCINATED CHICKENS.
Keep a record of vaccine type, quantity, serial number and expiration date; the date and time of vaccination; the number, age, breed, and location of the chickens; names of operators performing the vaccination and any observed reactions.