Nobilis Rismavac is a live vaccine against Marek’s Disease.
Active components per dose:
Live MDV strain CVI 988 ≥ 3.0 log10 TCID50
Frozen cell suspension.
The vaccine is recommended for use in day-old chicks, and is also indicated where very virulent strains of MDV (vvMDV) are prevalent.
Nobilis Rismavac is administered to day-old chicks.
0.2 ml per chick.
Method of administration
The vaccine is given subcutaneously in the neck or intramuscularly in the leg. The vaccine ampoule should be kept in an ice bath and frequently agitated.
Ampoules of hydrolytical class type I glass containing 1000 and 2000 doses.
Store in liquid nitrogen (-196°C).
Ampoule: Store in a liquid nitrogen container.
Diluent: Store at room temperature.
Container: Store the liquid nitrogen container securely in an upright position in a dry, well-ventilated area and away from incubator intakes and chicken boxes.
When used according to instructions: None.
- Do not mix with other vaccines.
- Dispose of empty or part-used vials in accordance with local regulations.
- Keep vaccine ampoules frozen in liquid nitrogen until ready to vaccinate.
- Only use vaccine that has been thawed immediately prior to use.
- Both liquid nitrogen container and vaccine should be handled only by properly trained personnel, taking care to observe the safety precautions for handling liquid nitrogen and materials at very low temperature.
- Care should be taken to prevent contaminating hands, eyes and clothing with the vaccine.
- Entire contents of the bottle must be used within 2 hours after reconstitution.
- Any remaining vaccine should be discarded safely.